Todays Podcast is a little different. A member of the Beginner Photography Podcast has reached out for some advice and asked a few questions recently. Margaret has been spending time working on her photography skills and has decided she wants to turn her hobby into a business but didn't know where to start. We took a look behind the scenes so we could give some advice on what he have found helpful in our businesses. Disclaimer we ARE NOT and do not claim to be business experts!
In this episode you'll learn:
- When Margaret picked up her first camera
- What she did that changed her photography
- How just starting out Margaret isnt sure what she wants to shoot yet
- What She's not comfortable shooting, and why we love it!
- How Important it is to be self aware
- The 3 things people need in order to hire you as a photographer
- Why we recommend Margaret switches away from her WIX website
- Why it's completely understandable why you would start off with an incredibly easy to build website
- We talk about why SEO is so important for your photography business
- Why you don't always have to pick the best of the best
- Why Raymond uses Squarespace for his photography website, and why Callum uses Wordpress for his photography website
- Why nothing replaces the human connection
- How having a business facebook and instagram can really help your business
- How you can ensure you can stay in front of your ideal clients
- Why you shouldnt be afraid to self promote!
- The number 1 thing we see new photographers missing on their website
- How changing one word on Callum's website changed his clients perception of his photography