Dan Biggins is a UK based Kent Wedding Photographer. He shares some tips for photographers looking to transition out of just being a hobbiest, why making mistakes can be the best way to learn and grow your photography, and how he is using facebook ads to find new clients.
In this episode you will learn:
- Dan's favorite kind of cake
- Where Dan shoots weddings
- Why Dans About Me page on his website has no mention of a camera
- Why Dan tries to add as much personality on his website as possible
- Why and how Dan tries to turn away potential clients
- Why Dan recommends trying to second shoot with other wedding photographers
- How Facebook Ads kickstarted Dans business
- What Dan did to progress his knowledge of photography
- One of my biggest photography mistakes
- How Dan handles a session if the photos are not working out
- How Dan uses Facebook ads to book more weddings
- Why Dan loves to make photography mistakes
- Some differences between Weddings in the US vs weddings in the UK
- Dans favorite piece of camera gear
- I hope people read my about me page and think "Hes not the photographer for me!"
- I enjoyed photography but I couldnt pinpoint why
- It was the fascination of creating unique images that sparked my intrest
- I thought how hard could photography be so I bought a camera and found out how hard photography is!
- Its just about devouring all the photography knowledge you can through experience
- Ill just set some lights up in the living room and use my wife as my model
- The first time someone paid me to photograph them, I was absolutely shaking
- Making mistakes is the best way to learn