In This Episode I talk to Alex Peterson who is a wedding and newborn photographer from New Jersey. She is half of the Husband and Wife Team behind Idalia Photography and also runs the popular Facebook group "Blogging for Photographers". She talks about how she grew her photography business to shooting 30 weddings while still working a full time job as a teacher. She shares some of her favorite tools and tips to balancing working a day job and growing your photography empire!
In This Episode You'll Learn:
- How a 365 photo a day challenge started her photography career
- How the cold winter months sparked Alexs creativity
- How blogging gave Alex a huge head start when she went full time
- When Alex decided it was time to leave her career to go full time in photography
- How important it was for Alex to switch to wordpress to start blogging more
- What Alex was doing to prepare to go full time
- How Alex gets inquiries without paying for advertising
- Some of the workflows Alex has in place to keep organized
- How Email templates save Alex tons of time
- Tips on what to write in your blogs when you hate to write
- An easy way to write 60+ blogs a year
- How often photographers should be blogging
- More blog ideas for photographers
- Where you can get a cheat sheet with the best tips to running your photography as a side hustle!