Wade Steelman is a San Diego based commercial and real estate photographer with a focus on architecture. Today he shares how a gap in the market got him interested in real estate photography and how you can make your way into the world of architecture photography too!
In this interview, you'll learn
- How Wade got his unconventional start in photography
- How Wade chose his gear
- How Wade stopped focusing on the technicals and more on creative composition
- Where Wade places his tripod to showcase the size of a room
- Some of the technical tricks Wade uses in architecture that other genres of photography don't
- Some clear signs of amateur architecture photography
- The hardest part about getting started with architecture photography
- How Wade would recommend a new photographer builds their portfolio.
- Why Wade recommends you save money on gear
- How Wade handled an embarrassing mistake he made when shooting
- I focus on what a viewer will see when they walk into the property
- If you can produce great images with cheap gear you will be miles ahead of everyone else.